- 4 Drumsticks
- 1 Onion
- 2 tomato‘s
- Sāmbhar Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon aniseed (Sompu)
- 2-3 teaspoon Oil
- 1 Cup of Water
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- Wash and cut the Drumsticks to your required size.
- Chop a large onion finely.
- Cut tomato’s into small pieces. Use tomato which are tangy for better taste.
- Keep a wok on flame and add oil in the wok. When oil heats up, add Sompu which is optional.
- Stir little and the add the chopped onion
- Once onions attains light brown, add garlic paste
- Add Sāmbhar powder when the onion and garlic mix give out a nice aroma.
- After 50 seconds add cut tomato. Stir well and allow it to cook until it smashes well, which is 2-3 minutes.
- Add drumstick to mixture, add salt to taste and stir well.
- After few seconds add water. Stir well. Close the Lid on the wok. Cook on slow medium flame.
- When cooked, the Sauce in the mix must be thick and drumsticks soft to touch.
- Move the content to a serving dish and garnish with Coriander leaves.
- This is a side dish and goes well with Rice and Sāmbhar.
- This dish is also great with Indian breads like Chapatis