Making Of Toor Dal Water
- 1 cup toor dal
- 4 cups water
- Pressure cook the dal in 4 cup of water (for 3 whistles in pressure cooker).
- Add an additional 1/2 cup of water to the cooked dal and liquidise it in a blender.
- Strain the cooked dal and serve lukewarm.
Ingredients: Ground Masala Items
- 1 teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida or Hing Powder
- 10 to 12 Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon of Shredded Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Ingredients: Base Soup
- 1 Cup toor dal water
- 1 Lemon size tamarind
- 2 small tomato
- 1 teaspoon Sambar Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric (haldi)
- Soak Tamarind in Dal water
- Add tomato to Dal water and Grind in Mixer. Add Sambar powder.
- Add Oil to a Pan and when Oil is heated
- Add Hing Powder, fry until golden brown
- Add mustard and wait for it to cracked
- Add Jeera Powder, garli Paste and nicely mix for 50 seconds
- Wait for Garlic paste to go light brown, add the Dal water from the mixer
- Rasam is nearly ready to be cooked, to customize make the broth to your taste based on the Note below.
- Add Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Wait for Rasam to boil and then add Milk and sugar.
- Serve Rasam hot! with a bowl of cooked Rice.
- Add extra water until consistency of Rasam(Soup) is achieved
- Add salt for tanginess if desired
- Add tamarind for sourness if desired
- Add Samabar powder for Spice if desired